𝗧𝗿𝗶𝗟𝗮𝗼𝗶𝘀 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯 - 𝗦𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗱𝗮𝘆, 𝗔𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗹 𝟭𝘀𝘁!
Race entry is now closed
Entry and waiting list are fully closed.
The athlete race brief for 2023 is now available
Open RACE BRIEF
All athletes must read this asap.
The race waves are available now .
Best of luck Everyone , looking forward to seeing you on Saturday monring.
Trilogy Triathlon Club are hosting the TriLaois Sprint and Tri-a-Tri race on Saturday April 1st, 2023. This event, now in its 12th year, is well known as a beginner’s triathlon and a great start to the triathlon season. It is run by a very experienced team of triathletes who love the sport.
TriLaois is a pool based triathlon run from Portlaoise Leisure Centre.
Suitable for first timers as well as seasoned triathletes, athletes can choose a Try-a-Tri option of 400m swim or full Sprint distance 750m swim. Cyclists then head out on a 19.5km fully marshalled loop around Laois countryside before completing a flat out and back 5km run finishing in the grounds of Portlaoise Leisure Centre where athletes can refuel with post race refreshments.
This popular event is always a sell out so enter early to avoid disappointment.
Sprint Distance: 750m Pool Swim, 22.5km Cycle & 5km Run.
Tri-a-tri: 400m Pool Swim, 22.5km Cycle & 5km Run.
Bike Route is https://www.strava.com/routes/2941045534612388084
Run Route is https://www.strava.com/routes/17387209
Relay Options available.
There will be no parking on site but several parking options close by. Marshals will be on site on morning of race to direct participants
- This is a Triathlon Ireland sanctioned race and Triathlon Ireland members must have current membership.
- Triathlon Ireland members with a Race Licence must prove so either via membership card or via Triathlon Ireland's smartphone app and present this proof at registration.
- Triathlon Ireland members with a Training Licence, and participants who do not have any Triathlon Ireland membership, MUST HAVE A ONE DAY MEMBERSHIP LICENCE from Triathlon Ireland to compete in the event.
- One Day Membership licences can be purchased from the Triathlon Ireland website for a fee of €25 and must be obtained at least two days before the race. This fee is not incorporated into your race entry fee.
- We cannot sell One Day Membership Licences at registration.
TriLaois - What is it all about?
The swim is a pool based swim in which competitors must complete either 30 lengths (Sprint) or 16 Lengths ( Tri-a-Tri) of the 25 metre pool in the Portlaoise Leisure Centre.
The event is open to all, but has been particularly designed for anyone racing their first event - either as a team or as individuals. The short-distance, pool-based swim makes an ideal dry run for longer events outdoors later in the new season, and will help anyone preparing for outdoor events later in the Summer. Both the bike course and the run course are on quiet roads and will be well marshalled by an experienced crew of Race Marshals who will guide and direct you through the course with your safety as their primary concern.
The event is normally the the first Triathlon Ireland competitive event of the season and being situated in Laois the organisers hope the central location makes the event accessible to all. The race is organised by Trilogy Triathlon Club and this is the 11th year.